Should your Recipient is in the All of us
The first step into the a wedding-depending environmentally friendly cards processes is actually for this new petitioning lover (citizen otherwise long lasting resident) to help you file a we-130, Petition to have Alien Relative to the USCIS. After the We-130 recognition, the second steps is dependent on if the recipient was existence regarding U.S. or perhaps is traditions overseas.
Adopting the approval of one’s I-130, brand new recipient will need to document a we-485, Petition to adjust Position into the USCIS. The fresh We-485 should be filed which have support proof, that has a beginning certification, proof nationality, and you may proof lawful access to this new You.S. (I-94 traveling list).
NOTE: If the petitioner try a You.S. resident and recipient is within the U.S., both the We-130 and i-485 is recorded concurrently.
If your Beneficiary is Outside of the Us
For people trying to an eco-friendly cards if you’re beyond your You, you can basic getting a long-term citizen through the process of consular processing. Consular operating occurs when the brand new USCIS things a charge into recognized Mode I-130. Due to the fact USCIS keeps accepted the We-130 petition , it could be taken to this new National Visa Heart (NVC). This new NVC will likely then assign an incident count into petition and you can notify the fresh new beneficiary mate doing new DS-261, Variety of Address and you can Agent (NOTE: For folks who already have legal counsel, you will not be asked to complete DS-261).
Brand new NVC will then start the situation handling of the notifying both the fresh tawkify hottest beneficiary and petitioner to pay appropriate charge. Pursuing the payment, the new NVC have a tendency to request you to fill in the requisite data to possess a keen immigrant visa including the Affidavit out-of Service, municipal documents, application forms, and any other products deemed very important to the actual situation.
Consular control costs getting a wedding-built environmentally friendly card become a visa application control fee out of $325 and you can a healthcare test payment, and this may differ. Almost every other will cost you range from photocopying and you will translation charge.
Required Data files getting a married relationship-Dependent Environmentally friendly Cards As a result of Consular Processing
The fresh new files may differ based each individual’s instance. But not, the following are brand new basically needed documents having a married relationship-built green cards app:
- Passport valid for around 6 months beyond your organized time regarding entryway toward U.S. Keep in mind that, oftentimes, a lengthier validity may be needed. Try to consult with new embassy or consulate when you look at the your own nation to make certain.
- Affidavit of Support: The brand new We-864 Affidavit away from Help need to be completed because of the petitioner so you’re able to reveal that he’s got the ability to contain the recipient economically when they initiate residing new You.S. The newest petitioner need certainly to prove you to definitely their earnings was at the very least twenty-five% more than this new HHS poverty tip.
- DS-260, Immigrant Visa Alien Membership App
- One or two (2) duplicates out of 2?2 photos (they need to go after these demands ).
- Beneficiary’s Municipal Data files : This can include beginning and relationship certificates, legal and you will jail suggestions, wedding termination records, military facts, and/or cops certificates.
- Done immigration medical examination forms.
Once the NVC is believing that all requisite records and you can measures was basically done, a charge interview was arranged. The newest recipient, petitioner, and lawyer, if the applicable, get notifications which includes the amount of time, day, area, rules, additionally the called for records for the interview.
In the event that following the interview, you are given a keen immigrant charge, the embassy or consulate will give you your own passport with your immigrant visa. Additionally receive a shut package which has had the latest data files your given. Do not discover brand new closed packet. It has to simply be open of the a beneficial U.S. immigration specialized after you arrive in the usa. Abreast of attaining the port from admission for the You.S., might read a testing by the Culture and you may Edging Protection (CBP) authorities to decide your qualifications to go into this new U.S. If you’re accepted because a long-term resident, your own I-551, that’s your environmentally friendly card, is mailed for your requirements.